Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Grad School Decision Time

I began receiving letters back from the schools (7 to be exact) that I applied to for graduate school. I applied to University of Arizona, Arizona State University, University of Colorado- Boulder, University of Utah, University of Washington, Washington University- St. Louis, and Northeastern University.

Last Friday I received letters from Utah and Wash U. Utah accepted me into their program and I have to respond by April 15th (aka tax day). Wash U has placed me on a wait list and will let me know if a position becomes available. Today I heard back from Colorado and they have accepted me into their program. I need to respond by next Friday, March 14th. I also heard from ASU that I have been invited to interview with them. After the interview process they will make their decision.

So all that's left is Arizona, UW, and Northeastern. I already know that I'll hear back from Arizona & UW within the next two weeks, but don't know about NE. I'm getting pretty nervous about having to make a decision between them all, especially since I won't be able to tour some of the campuses. Also, I've been surprised that no one has offered any scholarships since I had a competative GPA & GRE score. Brenna, ask Ryan if he has any advice for me having gone through this before. All additional prayers in our behalf will be welcomed as we have a big decision to make as a family at this time.

I'll continue to keep you all posted on what I hear next.

5 comments:

TheRapunzelGirl said...

that's very exciting! so will you be moving if you get accepted into one of the out-of-state programs, or taking the classes online?

stacey said...

I (and the rest of the family) will move if we decide on an out of state program. It makes the decision that much harder. It is a good time to move because Cory isn't in high school yet and when I'm done he'll be finishing his sophmore year. Then we'll have to decide if we stay another 2 years to let him finish HS or move back here. One of our considerations for moving is whether we think we may want to stay in that new location forever. But we think we'll end up moving back to Tucson.

brenna said...

Good luck with all the decisions and dates and things to keep track of. I know it's a lot to take in. Ryan's choice seemed a lot simpler since he only applied to three grad schools, and he was able to get funding at only one of them, so he took that one.

brenna said...

Oh, yeah. Send me some pictures of your kids, too, when you send them to Janette ;)

aquabatgirl said...

well stacey i am excited/interested to see what your decision will be. i'm sure you and norm never thought you'd be making this type of decision, but just think of all the skiing you could do in colorado! :)